Monday, November 13, 2006

Dirty Dirty Trojan Whores!

What a weekend! The Gators beat South Carolina the football game. The Sigmas won the stepshow! Even the Dolphins won! And then in accordance with my Armageddon plan, almost all the other teams in college football I needed to lose, lost! I went to bed saturday night with a smile because the gators would be ranked #3 in the BCS.

Haha... Foooled you!

Damn that school whose nicknamed after a latex product! I still need Notre Dame to beat USC. STILL! Jeeze! Whats going on in the world?

Now the gators... I never had a tripple coronary in the stadium before but damn. Right before that blocked fieldgoal my heart decided to take a shot at DJ scratchin. I'm getting tired of these ESPN Sports Classics. Can't we just whoop teams by a million like we used too... way way way back when.

As far as the step show... It sucks being the technical sigma. You have to put together all the sound and this year, video for the show. I basically learned how to edit video just to create a 90 second intro and a 60 second commerical to use in our step show. The hard part is it seems the most changes are made the night before the damn show.

Video presents the biggest challenge because it has to be rendered and that could take up to 30 minutes to put it on a dvd. Good thing the video files are on a cd and they work.

FOOOLED YOU!

Why am I at the game getting text messages about the video files not working? As if I needed anymore feelings of panic. Top that off with Cingular's lack of service when I really really need it plus South Carolina's upset bid, and my resting beats per minute is stuck on fast foward. I finally got in touch with the bros after half-time and solved the problem. I relaxed just long enough untill that pre-mentioned field goal...

You shoulda seen me after the game trying to get to the step show... or maybe not. Trying to change from my smelly band uniform to a Tag Body Spray enriched outfit while driving around campus after a football game was fun. I had no pants or underwear on for atleast 2 blocks and was just waiting for the bus with Nuns and orphaned children to drive by and catch me.

I wish I had gotten to the show from the start so I could make a complete comparative analysis instead of just listening to what people told me, but we killed it. Like 1st Degree killed it. 4 years in a row! Now I can retire and hopefully the next set of bros can pick up some of these technical skills. Or as Stephen Francis told me later that night " they're never going to let you go, ever!". It does feel like that.

See, I through in some non college football stuff. Happy!



*You don't have to be a Blogger Member to leave a comment. Click other under "choose an identity" and enter any name , then type in the word verification.

No comments: