Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The GAYS Stole All The Rainbows

I've been planning to post this for a while, but then NewsGator sent me this article about Lance Bass and I had to go ahead and finish my thought. It's funny how the "gayest" member of NSYNC is actually gay. It's ironic how things play out like they do. If only Chingy would go ahead and make it official.

But what does this have to do with the title of this post? I was just thinkin, remember when you were a kid in Sunday school and all the pictures of Jesus in the coloring books had rainbows all around. God even used a rainbow to tell Noah the coast was clear (no pun intended, or maybe....)

On the flip side there's the whole rainbow, pot-of-gold, leprechaun trifecta. Who didn't color a rainbow and a leprechaun in 3rd grade for St. Patricks Day? So how did rainbow colors become synonymous with gay people? I blame skittles!

Seriously, for future arguments or future game show appearances, I'd like to know. Google only tells me the who, what, and where, but why? Why a rainbow? Why not a zebra, or a chocolate cake, or even a three headed Cyclops? Somebody should know.

PS: Shout outs to all gay people I know, you know it's all in jest right?

*Comments?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur crazy but this has kept me entertained while I should be studying psychology right now. thank you..lol

Anonymous said...

thats a really good question there. if you find the answer, do let me know. maybe i can ask one of my homosexual friends, they would probably know.