Friday, July 28, 2006

Gold Teeth Teen Girls!

Don't you like my orange lines under the post title? Slowly but surely sprucing up this blog with the magic of CSS, hopefully I can use it to redo the ZK website. Anywho, a special Friday edition of CJSAME (come on, use your head...)

GOLD TEETH TEEN GIRLS!

After "Run & Hit" (I'll post that tomorrow) I decided to use my last 3 weeks before school starts and pretend to get in some form of shape. I drove to the park to shoot around before it started to rain. Walking to the court I noticed a black family picnicking by the bike rack. Yes, I'm at CB Smith Park in Florida, home to lakes and trees and tons of picnic tables by the water, and these people set up shop by the bike racks... Now they did look like they just got out of the pool which is near by so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

While passing them, this "lady" asks if she can hoop with me. Sure... She's got a number 1 or a low boy haircut, and noooo front teeth ( as in no upper incisors ) and a limp. She claims she was in a car accident so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt...

We shoot around a while and she tells of her days in her youth ( she could be between 35 and 40ish but I guess the hood is a rough place so she looks well past 40 ) when she could play ball and her nieces,kids,younger female relatives come up. These little girls can hoop! They can't be any older then 6th or 7th grade, but they both had gold fronts in their mouths. At least I hope they were fronts!

Come one! Seriously! These girls are in middle school! But while I've been giving this family the benefit of the doubt the entire time, my 12th Grade AP Psycho skills shake off the cobwebs and come alive. Especially whenever the girls make a shot and the old lady shouts "good shot nigga!" These girls are in middle school!

I may sound high and mighty since I use the "N" Word all the time too but I've always agreed with Bill Cosby's comments about the black race of today. Thank GOD I'm Jamaican... (that's another argument for another day) We're clearly doing something wrong if you can call your middle school nieces "ballin' niggas" and not have the angel on you shoulder give you a Rick James slap over the head. I could just say that's just that family, but there's millions of black families just like that, identifying their kids as little niggers the minute they pop out the womb.

Like I said before, I too use this versatile word. But I'm a firm believer of context and subject. When you're with your boys, ok fine. At work, not so fine. Rapping the words to your favorite rap song (which will have the "N" word @least once) around grown folk fine, rapping the words to your favorite rap song with your kids, not fine. It just makes sense to me. Does it make sense to you?

*Comments Niggas!
*Just Kidding....


PS: How Gay (no offense if you're gay you dam rainbow stealers!) is the spell check here at blogger that happens to be owned by Google now. Why do the words blog and google come up as misspelled?

No comments: