Thursday, November 30, 2006

Driving Like A Woman!

I thought you'd love my ultra-sexist blog title. I'm just beginning my epic journey of homework till well past sunrise and I thought I should share this bit of fun I had today before the redbull kicks in and I loose all human emotion. Amazing things happened to me today!

Finishing all my homework when I thought I was destined for a zero. That had Hesus written all over it since I need to pass that class to graduate. Forget about recording band music on Florida field. That was cool too though its amazing how many people find joy in running up all gabillion steps from the bottom of the stadium to the top. It is a good workout, but what if you fell! It'd be horrible. And knowing college students, no one would even ask you if you were ok.

God did send me yet another triple coronary today, though for a change it wasn't related to Gator Football. Let me set the stage for you. I'm driving back from storage facility on I-75. It's raining hurricane style all of a sudden (as is becoming more common... thanks global warming!). I'm pushing 80-85 as is the custom on Florida highways. Rain, sleet, or snow, I'm always driving fast. I just have great steering hands I guess. Not today!!

The phone rings and it's my mom. For some reason my sections of my Y-chromosome that handle motor vehicles decides to role play as a recessive gene and let that pesky X chromosome behind the wheel. Halfway into my 1 hand on the phone, 1 hand on the wheel, doing 83 through a hurricane, Black Ice (that's the name of my car if you didn't know) decides that we are infact playing Mario-Kart and freaking Yoshi just dropped a banana infront of me.

I should give myself several pats on the back though. I smoothly told my mom I'll call her back later. My car is trying to decide if it should spin out of control in a counter clockwise or clockwise motion in the middle of a busy highway. My Y-chromasome finally grows some "balls" and figures lefty Lucy would be the best choice and I sorta steer toward the inside emergency lane. But there's nothing like an X-chromosome scorned, added to my still upper 70 mph speeds and we're headed back toward the center of my lane.

Finally Y-chromosome takes a page from Ike Turner and the car is back on the straight and narrow. Oh yeah, and I definitely thought I was gonna have a nice double rollover in the middle of a rain storm on I-75, so kudos to you Y-chromosome! Even though it was still raining, I declined to push it like Jeff Gordon.

My heart can't take to much more excitement... or redbull. Toobad the SEC Championship is on Saturday... Where's my medical alert bracelet?

No comments: