Monday, November 17, 2008

Change We Can Blog About

Well look what I found, an old dirty blog. Somebody get me a bottle of Simply Green so I can remove all the old mystery junk off this thing. Ahh yes. Good old blog. Holder of all my late college adventures. I miss you... And for some reason I'm extra bored tonight and don't want to be productive. What better opportunity then this too blog?

How long have I said I'm gonna blog today, I'm gonna blog today, ahhh maybe I'll blog today. ENOUGH! It is time to reclaim my long lost jumping off point. In fact, when I got my iphone and had delusions of blogging from my new fancy dandy phone, I made a list of topics I wanted to discuss. Now it's too late to devote whole posts to these topics, but I can jot down some brief synopsisisisises. I know you all have been waiting for this like a 3rd Gremlins movie so heeeeeeere we go!

1. The Iphone....
I actually began writing a looong post about the wacky adventures involved with getting my iphone... on my iphone. Sadly while it's easier to type LOL a hundred times on the iphone, I won't be doing my own version of War & Peace any time soon on the iphone. It's still saved so hold your breath.

At the end of the day, the iphone is an amazing product, compared to my last phone which required a direct link to the hubble telescope for me to get any signal to make calls. It also allowed me to replace my defunct Dell DJ and always have an MP3 player one me which works great when for some odd reason I'm still at work long after I should have left...working basically for free... and need to maintain my sanity. Safari is awsome too. Just need some way to access blogger...


2. Unboxing Videos!
Maybe I should cover this last cause this has started to drive me crazy. I was trying to decide between a black or white iphone becuase I heard the white ones were "girly" but they shipped in 3 days as apposed to 7-21 days. I couldn't find any white ones in the wild... aka the at&t store so decided to look on youtube to see it in action. Big mistake.

All i could find were "unboxing videos". Now before I start WTFing all over the place, here is a definition of "unboxing" that I found.

The Internet trend of showing photos or video from the unpacking of a retail box of some desirable product, such as the latest laptop or portable music player.

F that! Its videos of people opening a box of some new electronic item! A box! These are not video reviews of the items features, no, it's a video of some guy opening the lastest phone, or game, or thing-a-majig and laying the contents on a table. Thats it! WTF! Actually... WGAF(Who Gives a F#$%#$)!

Youtube is amazing. You can learn just about how to do anything on there. There's always funny videos, and serious comentary. But a video about opening up the iphone box is friggin ridiculous! Go ahead, search "unboxing" on youtube, and after all 15 kabillion videos return, watch one and ask yourself WGAF!

Obama says you measure the american dream by people being able to send their kids to school and buy a home. Forget that. If you have so much free time that you can go through the process of recording a video of yourself opening up a box from best buy, editing this video, then submit it to youtube, then you sir are living the american dream!

3. Barack Obama
I'm not ready for my Obama post yet. (Running gag alert) Hopefully it doesn't turn into that post about the 2006 National Championship game...

4. There were a few other things that are now totally irrelevant... thanks procrastination monster! But I slightly almost promise to blog here atleast once a week. In the mean time, I'm going to reconnect with my former self and read some of these old posts... perhaps check out that top ten list (wink wink)

*You don't have to be a Blogger Member to leave a comment. Click other under "choose an identity" and enter any name , then type in the word verification.

No comments: