Saturday, July 22, 2006

In The Beginning There Was OD

Or "Open Diary", a place for me to rant and rave in a comical manner about life. Somewhere around 11th grade, I began using Open Diary before I even heard of the word blog. It was fun and anonymous. I could say anything and nooobody would know who I was talking about. But like all fads in my life, I just stopped using it. Sure every few years there would be a "Open Diary revival", but after freshmen year at UF, I just couldn't get back into it ( though freshmen year produced some of the funniest entries I have ever written)

Through out my life on the internet one thing has been constant, AOL Instant messenger. I noticed people were using their "profile" space for anything and everything except for a profile. Thus Thoughts Of The moment
was born. Millions have been entertained by my witty yet sophisticated "thoughts" listed here.

Well it's 2006 and I finally realized some drawbacks to using AIM as a fake blog. Your blog is only viewable to the public when you're online. AIM also has character limits so some very classic blog entries had to be erased to make way for newer material. That's when I broke down and signed up with blogger. The rest, hopefully, is history.

So, if you know me in person or have ever read my AIM Profile, then you should be celebrating! If you ended up reading this because you clicked RANDOM BLOG on the blogger homepage, then you've stumbled onto a real gem.

Therein is my introduction and if I wasn't currently moving out my apartment I would begin entertaining you immediately, but I live on the 3rd floor and my storage unit is 15 miles away...

-Please leave a comment.

No comments: