Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Now Drop Now Drop Now Drop Now Drop & Pray

Have you heard the Kirk Franklin remix for "Looking For Your". If you can find a link to where we can hear it on the internet please let me know. Anyway, this is clearly the worst case of being surrounded by Yes Men since the guys who keep letting the Wayans brothers make movies!

Looking For You done with the Fat Man Scoop song "Drop" beat... Thats it. I don't even have to say anything. I have no joke to make, this remix does all the work for me. It isn't even mixed right. They slowed down the speed of the lyrics to match the beat so now it sounds all out of key and then they made Kirk Franklin sound off key.

This is also a case of trying too hard to make gospel sound mainstream. It reminds me of when Kirk Franklin's Stomp came out. I was in Walmart and two black ladies were saying how Stomp was not gospel enough. If I could see those two women now. They probably think Stomp is like Handel's Messiah compared to this remix...

*Leave a comment, but leave the remixes to P. Diddy

*You don't have to be a Blogger Member to leave a comment. Click other under "choose an identity" and enter any name , then type in the word verification.

No comments: