Monday, August 07, 2006

Our Father Who Art A Jedi...

I'm a big Star Wars fan, but this is ridiculous. I found an article online that says there are people who actually list Jedi as their official religion in the Australia census. I also saw in another article that more people in London listed their religion as Jedi then Jewish people in the last census! Man, if you ever wanted to know the exact time to invest in crazy pills, now would be a good time.

What kid who watched Star Wars as a kid didn't think he had Force powers, as a kid? The keyword here is AS A KID! Grown people around the world are trying to get Jedi to become an official religion of the world. I'm sure there are a million other established religions that fit the bill.

I wish I had that other article link! It also said some eastern Europe guy opened a school to train jedi and learn to make lightsabers. Lightsabers!!! If NASA and the US Armed Forces haven't figured out how to make lightsabers (or maybe they have, and then they hit us with that MIB memory wipe...), how will some guy with way to much time and or money on his hands going to figure it out?

Something tells me those who mark "Jedi" as their official religion probably also have no chance of having offspring, and thus, they will die out sooner or later.

*May the comments be with you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great article