Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Blog Banner - Web 2.0'ish

Not a real post right now, I'm on my lunch break though, and I wanted to let everyone know about the gangster banner I put up for the blog. Since I started this blog I've been thinkin about what to make the banner look like so I can make my blog stand out more. At the same I've been learning about Web 2.0 for the ZK Website redesign.

I'm not going to get into what I think Web 2.0 is right now, but there is definitly a style to Web 2.0 graphics. The key word for Web 2.0 Graphics are SIMPLE & GRADIENTS. And sometimes that wet floor look. Add to that the "violator badge" (the funny looking star thingy) and viola!

If you have been visiting my blog since the beginning ( last week ) then you remember how the old banner looked. I had to reproduce this in "paint" because most blog banners here are just a background image with the words written in html.

Doesn't the new one look so much more friendly & inviting aka Web 2.0'ish. Now getting it to fit in the damn CSS was an exercise in jedi-like patience. But I got it. I also did a little market testing (mainly talking to myself) and changed the sub title of the blog from "50% Journal - 50% Director's Commentary - 100% Me" to something a little more catchy like "Now with 70% more sarcasm" to fit the violator feel. I also attached a joke to the joke of the title name. See it. I bet you did... What do you think?

PS: Come back tonight for another witty yet strikingly intellectual post from your's truly...

1 comment:

CoolFozzie said...

Damn CSS! I'm having slight issues with sidebar now after I put my ganster banner up. U probably didn't even notice until I told you huh?